The main occupation of the people of the state of Gujarat is agriculture and animal husbandry, so the government of Gujarat implements various animal husbandry schemes and agriculture-oriented schemes to develop this occupation Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat and make the lives of farmers and cattle herders manageable. In the state of Gujarat, cow is given the same status as mother. Because cow’s milk and ghee are very beneficial. Also, if the cow excreta manure is applied in the farm land, the fertility of the land is improved and the crops grow well, but the number of cows with the farmers is very less.
Purpose of Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat :
It is very necessary for farmers to switch to organic farming. The main objective of this scheme is to encourage the farmers of the state to practice organic farming. Domestic cow dung and cow urine are required for organic farming. By which soil moisture storage capacity, fertility and productivity increase. For that purpose, this scheme has been implemented to increase indigenous cow conservation and increase environmental and human health through natural farming. Under this scheme, assistance will be provided to the farmer family doing natural farming based on native cow.
Benefits available Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat :
Under the Gay Sahay Yojana, assistance will be provided to the herdsmen doing purely natural farming based on indigenous cows. A farmer family is given an assistance of Rs.900/- per month for maintaining one cow. This assistance will be given in the limit of Rs.10800/- per annum.
- Under this scheme, from the date of approval of the application, monthly maintenance charges of Rs.900/- will be payable for the available period of that quarter.
- Every three months the tag of the cow and its vitality have to be checked.
- A certificate to the effect that the beneficiary is practicing natural agriculture has to be presented to the Gramsevak. Based on which quarterly assistance will be provided.
- Beneficiaries who have received desi cow assistance and are found not practicing organic farming will be stopped from the next quarterly assistance.
- Free 250 kg-animal grain subsidy. Pashu Khandan Sahay Yojana
Document Requirement for Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat :
Financial assistance is provided for the maintenance of running Gir and Desi cows on the IKhedoot portal. Online form has to be filled to avail this scheme. For which the following documents will be required.
- Copy of ikhedut portal 8-a and 7/12 with the beneficiary farmer
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Certificate if farmer is ST and SC (if applicable)
- Copy of ration card
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable) for disabled farmer
- Certificate that the farmer owns country gir, kankrej and other country cows
- A native cow should be tagged.
- Information of soul registration if any
- Copy of bank account
- Details of Co-operative Society Member, if any
- Details if member of milk producers association
Important Link for Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat :
- Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat Circular :- Download
- Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat Application :- Click Here
FAQ’s Gay Sahay Yojana Gujarat :
- Which portal has been created for farmers in Gujarat for various schemes?
- ikhedut portal has been created to provide benefits of various schemes to the farmers of the state.
- What are the benefits of Gay Sahay Yojana?
- Maintenance assistance of Rs.900/- per month will be given to the farming family for one cow. This allowance will be given in an annual limit of Rs.10800/-.
- What is the objective of Desi Cow Assistance Scheme?
- The scheme has been implemented with the aim of encouraging the farmers of the state to practice organic farming.
- How to apply to avail the benefit of Cow (Deshi) Sahay Yojana?
- Farmers have to apply online through the i-Khedoot portal to avail the benefits of the cow assistance scheme